The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible to oversee and manage the accounts payable function within Finance, and plays an important role in maintaining the financial health of our Business Units by ensuring timely and accurate payment of obligations, effective vendor management, and adherence to financial policies & regulations.
- Vendor Management Manage relationships with vendors, collaborating on payment terms to avoid business disruptions.
- Ensure all SLAs are performed as agreed, as to the vendor invoice processing / handling and outgoing payment process.
- Uphold a best-in-class data quality within the accounts payable environment, and ensure an effective filing system in place.
- Ensure robust plan in place to manage vendor statement reconciliations.
- Manage and Lead the dispute management process.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in countries (finance / ops /management) to deliver on duties across the process map.
- Monitor cash flow related to accounts payable and ensure alignment with organizational goals.
- Supervision: Lead and manage the AP team, providing guidance and support.
- Train and develop team members on AP processes, policies and best practices.
- Support the Head of Finance in designing and implementing policies and other frameworks to enhance departmental efficiency.
- Ensure a clean and tidy AP ledger, with all aged items adequately explained.
- Act as a single point of contact to all queries related to your function.
- Generate and Report on regular reports on AP aging, cash outflows and other relevant metrics.
- Manage backlog effectively.
- Any other ad hoc vendor management analysis when required.
- Keep a clean position of the AP subledger. Ensuring that there is a clear audit trail in all financial transactions.
- Conduct such other cognate duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting & Finance (or Equivalent).
- Proven experience in Vendor Management
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Good communication skills in both English and French
- At least 3 years of experience in an Accounting function or in a similar position.
- Knowledge of logistics industry will be a proven advantage.
- Good level of excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience in ERP or Accounting Software
Skills and Others
- Work within a Team
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with capacity to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong determination.
- Analytical skills.
- Error-free editing, processing, and transmitting of data.