The Salesman is assigned a Portfolio of customers in line with a geographical area or with regard to customer specificity. In order to meet the requirements of the job, the salesmen will be provided with a company vehicle.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Load and unload products at the Warehouse for delivery purposes within the allocated area.
2. Drive the Company vehicles to deliver products to customers throughout the allocated area.
3. Maintain the company vehicle in good and clean condition and report to Management any problem associated with it at the earliest.
4. All goods transported by you are under your direct responsibility from dispatch till receipt by the
customer. You should ensure that the goods are well secured so that they reach their destination without loss or damage.
5. Visit each POS in your sector at least every week and provide optimum and timely delivery service.
6. Entertain the best possible relationship and visit customers on a regular basis.
7. Develop new business with POS in your sector, which may be defined from time to time.
8. Monitor customer performance and customer satisfaction. Take relevant actions to ensure maximum sales.
9. Acquire knowledge of the market, its current requirements, and changes in requirements.
10. Keep yourself informed of the actions of competitors and all market trends and provide feedback to the Sales Manager. Collection of Market Intelligence and other feedback
11. Acquire knowledge of products and continuously be on the lookout for new products, auxiliary/complementary products, and new applications in consultation with the Manager.
12. Assess the credibility of your clients about requested credit facilities for which you will seek approval from the Sales Manager, or any other person designated by the management.
13. Manage debtors. Maintain close monitoring of all clients that benefit from credit facilities and ensure that they respect their payment terms and credit limit.