Green Create Builds, Owns & Operates (BOO) integrated biological waste-to-value systems
Responsible agricultural and industrial waste treatment is an extremely challenging task, requiring large capital investment and complexity of treatment techniques and technologies in order to implement effective systems. With natural resources quickly depleting, and the volatility and lack of sustainable energy supply used to maintain effective business operations, the necessity to find sustainable waste-to-value solutions has become critical.
Our mission is to treat and derive tangible value from large agriculture’s and industrial’s otherwise neglected waste streams. To create a greener future by providing low-carbon fuels to the transport sector and aiding in reducing global carbon emissions. This is how we accomplish that.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated team member, to join us in the operations of our high-tech biogas plant situated in Riche Terre, Mauritius
Biogas Plant Superintendent
Location of the position
Riche Terre, Mauritius
Biogas Plant Superintendent will report to Site Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant. Take ownership of the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant, auxiliary equipment, laboratory equipment/ functions, methods and procedures involved in testing of solids, liquids and gases present in the processes.
• Understands and correctly interprets technical manuals, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
• Explains and coordinates work instructions by scheduling assignments and overseeing the work of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators & Maintenance Technicians.
• Provides training to the Operations Team.
• Participate in maintenance, repair and installation of wastewater treatment plant equipment and instrumentation.
• Identify operational problems and take effective courses of action.
• Make independent technical decisions to maintain proper treatment process.
• Maintain records and compile data into written reports.
• Adhere to H&S procedures, manage regular checks of safety equipment, keeping the records and files, reporting incidents and near-misses.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Diploma/Degree in Technical field.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in operations & maintenance of pumps, electromechanical equipment & Instrumentation.
• Experience with biological/chemical processes involved in wastewater treatment will be an advantage.
• Good understanding of operation requirements for wastewater related equipment namely pumps, blowers, sensors, parameter controllers, aerators, mixers, screens etc.
• Attentive to details and eager to learn in a dynamic environment.
• Rigorous, disciplined, punctual, as well as outstanding ability to work well within a team.
• Positive attitude and energetic.