Our Client is seeking a Systems & Network Administrator to be in charge of setting up, maintaining, and running the servers, network, laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and storage infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains servers, VMs, SAN, and related networking equipment.
- Ensures that all network systems are functioning and communicating optimally. Systems include server hardware, server software, firewalls, routers, network switches, VPN devices, cabling, wireless, phone systems, access entry, and other related network systems.
- Oversees overall network and computer system security. Ensures protection from viruses or other security threats, corrupt data and maintain system backups.
- Installs firmware and security updates on servers and related networking equipment to ensure stability and downtime is minimised.
- Installs, configures and maintains IPS/IDS, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware, etc. for maximum network protection.
- Maintains Unified Communications and any related equipment, services and platforms.
- Logs all hardware/software problems. Calls appropriate maintenance organisations and arranges for repair. Notifies IT Manager of unusual problems.
- Interprets and solves problems when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts them that a problem exists.
- Manages and supports Active Directory, Exchange server, database servers, virtualization servers, video conferencing and implements secure Internet access where needed throughout the organization.
- Performs documentation of systems, regular inventories of existing IT equipment & reports any discrepancy to IT Manager.
- Assists programs with relocation of equipment and needs created by a move to a new facility.
- Assists with software upgrades and installations.
- Performs such other duties as may be required from time to time for the overall management and operation.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience in a system and network administrator role with at least 5 years experience.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems or related IT specialization.
- Requires an advanced proficiency in the operation of local and wide-area networks and components.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft and Linux Server and Client operating systems.
- Must demonstrate initiative, the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and determine priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in person or over the phone, in a courteous, pleasant, professional, and efficient manner. Discretion, accuracy and clarity in communication are essential. A high degree of professionalism in regard to safeguarding sensitive data is also a requirement.
- Detail oriented and demonstrates firm values.