Our Client is looking for Assistant Compliance ,reporting to the Assistant Manager Compliance, the Compliance Specialist will be responsible to monitor and comply to the practices set by regulatory bodies.
- Act as liaison with relevant regulators and authorities for the reporting of the Group.
- Supervise the compliance audit & reviews performed by the compliance team.
- Participate in the formulation and update of the Business and Customers risk assessment of the Group entities.
- Perform the assessment of AML/CFT risks of new technologies, systems and processes.
- Ensure adherence with applicable regulations, internal policies, procedures, and codes to protect the reputation of the Group with its regulators.
- In a spirit to provide proper guidance to stakeholder, you will ensure at all times that internal systems are up to date with all new amendments /legislation.
- With the support of your reporting line, you will ensure that communications including adverts, brochures or marketing materials comply with the marketing guidelines set by the FSC.
- Provide support on matters relating to the compliance activities of the company and the implementation of the Group Compliance Framework, policies, and procedures, as per compliance requirements.
- Provide assistance to the Compliance Officer and the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in discharging his/her duties
- Provide assistance in processing the registrations and applications of Insurance Intermediaries.
- Provide support to the team for the preparation and delivery of AML/CFT training in respect of compliance and money laundering topics.
- Keep abreast of new regulatory developments and advise Management /the business on latest AML/CFT laws, regulatory requirement, and industry initiatives.
- Assist in handling FSC queries, onsite and offsite inspections.
- Assist the Compliance team in the discharge of the day-to-day duties.
- Any other duties assigned by the Reporting Line.
- Undergraduate in Law and Management, Law and Criminal Justice or holder of an LLB.
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) certification would be an advantage.
- Full fluency in French & English.
- Candidates having prior practical Compliance exposure (especially in AML/CFT laws) will be given priority.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills