Our Client is looking for a Risk Analyst to ensure risks which are faced by the African entities are adequately identified, assessed and managed and reinforce the three lines of defense across the entities.
- Integrate Risk Management of the African entities to the strategic development process of the Group.
- Identify and implement Risk Policies and a Risk and Control Matrices.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies for the organizations critical risks and ensure proper monitoring.
- Report to the Risk Manager with regards to the development of risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits.
- Prepare executive reports and action plans describing appropriate responses plans to be implemented to counter external threats to be validated by the Risk Manager on a regular basis and ad hoc basis.
- Perform risk reviews with all business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities through coaching and working sessions.
- Establish and communicate the organizations Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) objectives and direction including training, awareness sessions, reviews, and maintenance of risk register & controls.
- Regularly appraise our African entities risk compliance including identification & assessment of risks, evaluation of external risks, working with internal & external auditors on areas of concern, performing compliance reviews with risk framework /policies including remote reviews.
- Project management of risk related projects.
- Support on efficiencies and synergies in processes to be implemented within the Group and the other East African entities.
- Assist the Risk Manager in drafting the Risk Management section in the Annual Report.
- Assist in implementing risk monitoring tools and risk appetite statements within East Africa.
- Assist in regulatory inspection.
- Professional qualification in any of the following fields: Risk Management, Insurance, Accountancy, Law,
- Actuarial Studies, Applied Mathematics and Statistics or any other equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an Analytical/ Technical Role
- Sound understanding of ERM principles and philosophy.
- Good Presentation Skills.
- Good coordinating capacity, organisational , facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to motivate and work with all levels of Management, across business units and departments.
- Willing to Travel abroad.