Our client is looking for a Linux Engineer who will work with service owners and help stakeholders to set up / implement the opensource infrastructure system which includes the message queuing system, such as Rabbit MQ, Redis, NoSQL database, such as Couchbase, and monitoring tools, such as Prometheus. As well as help to collect system log and metrics using the tools such as Logstash, and metricbeat and shows the information on visualization tools like Grafana and Kibana to support service owners for system stability observation and troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate should have experience working with open-source tools and infrastructure monitoring, familiar with Linux open-source systems, and understanding what and how to collect system logs and metrics for service owners who can analyze these data to make the system stable.
The client will depend on individual conditions to offer the required training.
- Bachelor of computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in administrating Linux Systems is required basic Windows system administration experience
- 1+ years of experience in open-source systems, such as Redis, MySQL, Couchbase, etc.
- Minimum 1+ years experience administering monitoring systems, such as Prometheus Nagios, Grafana, etc.
- 1+ years of experience in collecting Operation System, Application metrics and working with time-series database
- 1+ years of experience in collecting Operation System, Application logs, and log analysis systems, such as ELK (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana), Splunk
- Knowledge or work experience of the following items is a plus.
- Experience in automation and configuration tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, and Terraform
- Experience in cloud service on AWS
- Scripting skills, such as Python, shell script, and Ruby
- Experience working with web REST API
- Experience in virtualization tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS
- Help users to set up or implement open-source systems, such as Message Queue system Redis, RabbitMQ, and NoSQL Couchbase, in the future may leverage Platform as Service (PaaS) / Software as Service (SaaS) to provide service
- Help users to collect and set up system logs and metrics for systematic observation and troubleshooting.
- Maintain, implement and improve the existing open-source systems
- Perform daily health checks on existing system components
- Basic documentation writing skills
- Work on a rotating on-call schedule