| Job title
- Provide software support for internally developed products that interact
with all database systems.
- To implement, design and improve processes relating to the administration of databases to ensure that they function correctly, perform optimally,
preserve data and maintain a high level of availability.
- This role operates in the IT environment and has a strong client focus.
Changes in the role occur with changes in client, organizational and
- Sets and maintains operational database standards on an ongoing basis.
- Enforces and improves database integrity and performance through the use of sound design principles and set down database design standards.
- Designs and enforces data security policies to eliminate unauthorized access to data on managed data systems in accordance with IT Services technical specifications and business requirements.
- Ensures that effective data redundancy; archiving, backup and recovery mechanisms are in place to prevent the loss of data.
- Sets up configurable pre-established jobs to automatically run on a daily basis, to monitor and maintain the operational databases.
- To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed
- Assisting development teams with effective schema design to achieve optimum performance
• Completes all project work and allocated tasks on time as per agreed schedule and communicates progress with all parties concerned.
• Takes on additional, unplanned projects as required by the business and works after hours where necessary.
• Completes technical documentation as required.
• Relevant Degree or Tertiary qualification.
• Certification covering Microsoft SQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014.
• 5 or more years IT experience.
• 3 or more years of Database experience.
- Solid IT knowledge.
- Experienced writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Familiar with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experienced Microsoft SQL Replication, Mirroring & Log Shipping, Service Broker.
- Experienced in Microsoft SQL Dynamic Management Views, Functions & Triggers.
- Sound Relational Database Theory understanding.
- Basic report design and writing.
- Automation scripting (Powershell v2 or higher skills an advantage).
- Understanding of programming principles.