Linkham Services Ltd is offering an excellent opportunity for a confident, outgoing Graduate who can split his time between understanding the commercial aspects of the business and underwriting and using your analytical skills to support the commercial teams in maintaining and developing business.
Your Key responsibilities
- To underwrite consistently and profitability
- To identify and challenge non-standard underwriting decisions
- To produce management information and underwriting performance reports
- To identify and carry out detailed analysis on non- performing accounts/ loss making areas and propose solutions.
- Compare our products on the market to determine if we are competitive.
- Calculate loss ratios, average costs, burn cost per policy.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree in Mathematics with Statistics and/or Actuarial Science
- The underwriting thought process
- Conversant with Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel (eg. VLOOKUP, index-matching)
- Knowledge in Insurance would be an advantage
- Knowledge in Excel VBA would be an advantage
- Basic accounting knowledge (eg. produce Profit and Loss reports)
- Good analytical abilities
- Drive, self-motivation and determination to achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
- A self-learner committed to self-development
Salary: Rs 15,000 probation of 6 months